Ways to Partner and Give
Support from generous donors allows Primary Healthcare Centers to provide health education in our communities and meet the needs of thousands of under-insured patients each year.
Primary Healthcare Centers ensures its fundraising and financial practices merit the respect and trust of donors and the general public by following the Donor Bill of Rights created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP).
You can make a big impact on the health of your community through planned gifts. Here are a few ways to support Primary Healthcare Centers:
- Gifts through your will – You may name Primary Healthcare Centers as the beneficiary of a percentage or specific amount of your assets as directed through your will or estate plan.
- Gifts that pay the donor income – It is possible to make a gift to Primary Healthcare Centers while retaining income for yourself or your family. Ask your financial planner about the charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder annuity trust.
- Charitable lead or remainder trust – Establishing a trust for the benefit of the institute may provide tax planning benefits for you and your family while making a larger gift than you might have expected.
- Gifts of a retirement plan – Many people have retirement plans with balances totaling more than they need for a comfortable retirement. If you are older than age 70.5 and are in this situation, please consider making a gift from your plan.
- Gifts of life insurance – If no longer needed for family security, life insurance proceeds are an excellent way to make a significant gift to Primary Healthcare Centers.
- Gifts of residence or a farm – It might be possible to make this type of gift and still maintain residence during your lifetime.
- Gifts in memory or in honor – Any gift to the institute may be made in memory or in honor of a loved one.
This information is provided as a general guide. For specifics, please consult with your financial advisor, attorney or tax specialist. Please see below for answers to frequently asked questions. For more information, contact:
706-866-5520, Ext. 8322
Can my donation be automatically deducted from my credit card or debit card?
Yes! Please contact us by email or phone.
How do I make a bequest to the institute in my will? I’d like to set up a charitable remainder trust or gift annuity.
Please contact our Development Coordinator.
How do I make a donation in honor or memory of someone?
Please contact us, we want to be sure we honor your loved one in the best way possible.
Is my gift tax deductible?
An outright gift of cash is tax deductible. You will be sent an acknowledgement letter for tax purposes provided you supply a donor name and address with the gift. Primary Healthcare Centers has operated as an independent, 501 (c)-3 non-profit corporation since 1980 and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and is a member agency of the United Way of Greater Chattanooga.
I want to make a donation of an item. Do you accept in-kind donations?
We accept donations of in-kind items provided they either directly offset an expense Primary Healthcare Centers would have normally incurred or provided the item is sellable.
Primary Healthcare Centers follows the Association of Fundraising Professionals' Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and the Donor Bill of Rights.